Rising from the bustling business district of Catalinas Norte, Torre Banco Macro sweeps thirty stories into the sky with inspiring views of the river and city. Banco Macro is one of the largest banks in Argentina, with over 460 branches across the country. The company’s new headquarters is a bright and airy home with a modern bank branch, flexible collaborative space, an auditorium, a café, a gym, on-site medical services, and three levels of underground parking for cars and bicycles.
Discovering beauty in the balance of shape and form
Our work began with a five-sided building site that was not originally planned for a tower, presenting an intriguing set of creative challenges. We responded with an oval-shaped tower that would fit comfortably within the site and allow it to be highly visible from the neighboring park. As the tower rises, it gradually tapers to culminate in a smooth, curved top that gently meets the sky. The tower’s presidential-level offices have triple-high floors and a riverside hospitality room with panoramic views.
“Torre Banco Macro reflects the company’s vision and leadership in the industry while contributing a new emblematic building to the alluring character of Buenos Aires.” — Axel Zemborain, AIA
More About the Project
- Architect of Record: G3M / Gonzalo Suarez Aboy Arquitectos
- Structural Engineer: Alberto H. Fainstein S.A.
- MEP: WSP; GF-Estudio Grinberg Felíz; Estudio Labonia & Associados; Mackinlay Vignaroli S.A
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Client: Vizora
- Size: 570,000 sq. ft. / 53,000 sq. m.
- Height: 426 ft. / 130 m.
- Completion: 2019
- Certification: LEED Gold Objective
- Firm Role: Design Architect
- Video montage courtesy of Banco Macro / Tomás Varela
- Photography by Axel Zemborain / Daniel Casoy / Tomás Varela