A model of innovative mixed-use urban development, the FMC Tower at Cira Center South is home to iconic institutions including FMC’s headquarters, University of Pennsylvania, and the Philadelphia Stock Exchange. From the tower’s upper levels, light-filled luxury apartments and extended-stay suites with floor-to-ceiling windows showcase unparalleled views across the Schuylkill River, Center City, and Penn Park. At the amenity level, members enjoy a media lounge and theater, fitness and yoga rooms, and an aquatic center with an indoor lap pool.
A spirited epicenter of innovation, education, and commerce
Steps from 30th Street Station, FMC Tower embodies the energy and forward-looking ethos of University City. Along with University of Pennsylvania, numerous schools and cultural institutions call this lively area home including Drexel University, the Institute of Contemporary Art, and Penn Museum. Top healthcare organizations and Fortune 500 companies add to the neighborhood’s enterprising spirit, with Rittenhouse Square and Benjamin Franklin Parkway just across the river.
“It creates an extraordinary gateway to our campus, a stunning entrance to West Philadelphia, and serves as a vital connector to Center City. But even more importantly, it is a visible symbol of the vitality that is taking root in our city and region and the great future that exists for our community.” — Amy Gutmann, President of University of Pennsylvania
More About the Project
- Architect of Record: BLT Architects
- Structural Engineer: Thornton Tomasetti
- MEP: Bala Consulting Engineers
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Client: Brandywine Realty Trust
- Size: 861,000 sq. ft. / 79, 988 sq. m.
- Height: 650 ft. / 198 m.
- Completion: 2016
- Certification: LEED Silver
- Firm Role: Design Architect
- 2017, Willard Rouse Award, Urban Land Institute - Philadelphia
- 2017, Best Residential/Mixed-Use/Office Space Project, Construction Excellence Awards from the General Building Contractors Association
- 2019, Honor Award, AIA Philadelphia Design Awards
- Principal Project Photography: Jeff Goldberg/ESTO
- Cira Green Roof by Erdy McHenry Architecture