American Airlines had a definitive vision for this expansive redevelopment: One Campus, One Team — a singular campus that unites frontline and management teams. The new campus is the central connection point for 130,000 team members worldwide, reflecting the values and aspirations of this iconic company and the forward-looking spirit of aviation.
“By bringing our workgroups together on one site, we believe we will build a more connected airline and will thrive forever.”
— Jonathan Pierce, Director of Campus Culture and Change Management, American Airlines
Inspiring connections on a grand scale
The Skyview 8 Town Hall is the heart of the campus, offering an uplifting sense of arrival and community. Skyview 8 is a series of four buildings connected by a Town Hall with shared collaborative spaces, dining, and wellness amenities. The “working villages” have an intuitive and interconnected layout that foster spontaneous collaboration and promote equity across working groups.
“By respecting the site’s unique topography, we partnered with American Airlines to create an uplifting campus that reflects their values and exists in aesthetic harmony with the landscape.” — Gregg E. Jones, AIA, LEED AP
More About the Project
- Architect of Record: Kendall Heaton
- Structural Engineer: Brockette Davis Drake
- MEP: I.A. Naman & Associates
- Landscape Architecture: OJB Landscape Architecture
- Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA
- Client: Crescent Real Estate
- Site Area: 97 acres/39 hectares
- Size: 1,556,654 sq. ft. / 144,617 sq. m.
- Completion: 2019
- Certification: LEED Gold
- Firm Role: Design Architect
- Principal Project Photography: Jason Schmidt