Sofia opens the door to an inspiring world beyond the ordinary
In the foothills of the majestic Sierra Madre Oriental mountain range, Sofia is home to luxury residences and flexible work environments that offer seamless connection to Paseo de los Duendes greenway and Club Campestre Monterrey, Mexico’s premier golf club. An expansive amenity floor divides the office and residential levels with elegant event spaces, a full-service spa, and a pool with striking views of the mountains. Sofia anchors the vibrant Arboleda District in the heart of San Pedro Garza Garcia, a thriving city that has become a benchmark for development and distinction in Latin America.
“It’s very exciting to see urban environments looking inward to develop new centers within centers and create a greater sense of interconnectivity.” — Gregg E. Jones, AIA, LEED AP
Beauty in motion with stunning views around every corner
The tower’s façade is composed of clear and opaque glass panels framed by open, expansive balconies that reveal panoramic views of the city and mountains. Evoking the fluidity of movement, the gentle undulating shape of the balconies reflect the distinctive waves of the tower’s crown, while juxtaposing the geometry of its central form.
Preserving the native landscape for the next generation
We collaborated with OJB Landscape Architecture to create a lush outdoor environment that instills a deep sense of place. More than sixty-five mature trees were replanted back to the building site — some over one hundred years old — including a sixty-foot-tall Bur Oak tree. The tower’s expansive green space includes rooftop terraces, lushly planted gardens at levels four and five, and a pavilion, dog run, and fire pit atop the parking structure’s landscaped roof. The parking structure is screened by a sculptural green wall with blooming bougainvillea vines.
More About the Project
- Cesar Pelli, FAIA, RIBA, JIA
- Fred W. Clarke, FAIA, RIBA, JIA ↗
- Gregg E. Jones, AIA, LEED AP ↗
- Robert Narracci, Associate AIA ↗
- Peter Follett, AIA, RIBA ↗
- Iulian Dumitriu ↗
- Ben Galtney
- Architect of Record: HKS Architects
- Associate Architect: Cuatro44
- Structural Engineer: CBM Engineers
- MEP: WSP; Gerencia de Instalaciones
- Location: San Pedro Garza Garcia, Monterrey, Mexico
- Client: One Development Group
- Size: 1,012,000 sq. ft. / 94,000 sq. m.
- Height: 520 ft. / 158 m.
- Completion: 2015
- Certification: LEED Gold
- Firm Role: Design Architect
- Principal Project Photography: Jeff Goldberg/ESTO