Leading Designers of Environmentally Responsible Buildings
For Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects, sustainable design is more than creating high-performance buildings. Sustainability, as an objective, is intrinsic to our design approach. Our firm was among the first to pursue certification for sustainable design, and we continue to innovate in this field with new technologies, materials, and approaches that look beyond the technical concerns of energy and resource conservation. We believe that for a building to be truly sustainable, it must be economically viable, functional for the long term, and desirable for potential tenants and users.
Our work includes some notable firsts:
- First LEED Gold residential high-rise in the U.S. (The Solaire in New York’s Battery Park City)
- First LEED Platinum residential high-rise in the U.S. (The Visionaire, also in Battery Park City)
- First LEED Platinum tower in Spain (Torre Iberdrola in Bilbao)
- First LEED Gold building at Yale University (Malone Engineering Center)
- Austin Energy Green Building rating, The University of Texas at Austin Master Plan